Call for Content is Now Closed
Together We Care Convention and Trade Show 2023
Together We Care is the largest and most comprehensive learning and networking experience for professionals in long-term care and retirement living. Featuring top-notch speakers and change-maker sessions that educate and inspire more than 1,200 delegates including site owners, senior managers and department heads from a cross-section of both Ontario’s long-term care and retirement communities sectors.
Call for Content
The Ontario Long Term Care Association (OLTCA) and the Ontario Retirement Communities Association (ORCA) invite long-term care member homes, retirement communities, thought-leaders, researchers, innovators, stakeholders and Business/Commercial Partners to submit abstracts for Together We Care (TWC) 2023.
Your session should:
- Showcase innovation and excellence in business strategies and care processes.
- Provide delegates with new information and insight, which seeks to inspire change in their homes, businesses and beyond.
- Include a presentation deck, as all breakout sessions will be audio recorded against the presentation deck and uploaded to the event website post-convention for delegate viewing, post-event.
- Follow the Oral Presentation format and should not exceed 30 minutes in length.**
**Please note, a few selected oral presentations may be chosen to be presented in a workshop format. Workshops will be 60 minutes in length and will include an engaging presentation component. You will be notified if your submission has been selected to be a workshop.
Delegates are from the long-term care and retirement communities’ sectors. They include owners and operators, senior managers, general managers and administrators, researchers, ageing-care leaders, frontline care providers (i.e. nurses, physicians, personal support workers, food service workers, wellness, activation, environmental and restorative professionals), long-term care and retirement residents, family caregivers, innovators, policy makers, sector stakeholders and more.
While there will be some general sessions applicable to both sectors, there will also be concurrent sessions geared specifically to either long-term care or retirement living. Applicants will be asked within your application to specify which group your session is geared toward (long-term care, retirement or both).
2023 Programming Streams
Abstracts may be submitted under the following categories:
We welcome all topics that address regulations (new/updates), best operational practices, trends in seniors living (i.e. technology) innovative programs and housing models for long-term care and/or retirement sectors. Session topics must be submitted under one of the streams below. Examples are provided (but not limited to) in each stream.
- Evolving Operations to Meet Resident Needs
- Capital Re/Development updates, experiences, learnings
- Finding operational efficiencies
- Fixing Long-Term Care Homes Act
- IPAC implications for operations
- Leadership and participation in integrated care
- Legal, risk management and governance
- Partnerships and relationship building
- Technology and digital tools
- Quality of Care and Quality of Life
- Culture change to create better care
- Dementia Supports
- Diversity, equity and inclusion
- Driving efficiencies and improved outcomes
- Enhancing medication safety and management
- Enhancing resident experience and working with families and essential caregivers
- Improving transitions and managing increasing clinical complexities
- Measuring quality of life
- New approaches to care
- Palliative and end-of-life care
- Psycho-geriatric care
- Investing in our People – Rebuilding our Teams (all delegates)
- Adaptive staffing models
- Diversity, equity and inclusion
- Innovative technologies to support your workforce
- Leadership development
- Recruitment and retention best practices
- Supporting staff mental health
- Training, coaching and mentorship
- Culinary and Nutrition
- Food modification innovations
- Holistic approaches to dietary management
- Regulatory challenges
- Social Wellbeing (social workers, recreation therapist, restorative teams, volunteers)
- Innovations and best practice for resident physical wellbeing
- Memory and dementia care
- Mental wellness
- Supporting families and caregivers through the long-term care journey
Speaker selection criteria:
- Relevance: the topic, initiative or program is applicable to one of the educational programming streams and aligns with learning interests of conference delegates.
- Originality: The information is new, innovative and creative.
- Potential impact/learnings: The knowledge, program or initiative is likely to be used to improve quality, efficiency, and/or staff and resident experience in a long-term care home/retirement community.
Applicants may be OLTCA and/or ORCA affiliate, Business/Commercial partner or a home member, provincial, national or international stakeholder organizations or educators, researchers, students or postdoctoral trainees.
Successful applicants consent to the following:
- Register for the convention by Monday, January 31, 2023 and pay applicable speaker registration fee.
- Agree to be profiled in selected OLTCA/ORCA/TWC promotional material.
Key Dates: (subject to change)
- Call for Content applications open: Tuesday, October 4, 2022
- Call for Content applications extended to: Friday, November 25, 2022 @ 4:00 PM ET
- Applicants notified of decision: on or before Thursday, December 15, 2022 (date subject to change)
- Speakers to be confirmed by: Monday, January 16, 2023 (date subject to change)
- Together We Care registration opens: Monday, November 14, 2022
- Speakers to register by: Tuesday, January 31, 2023
- Together We Care Convention and Trade Show: March 27 – 29, 2023
For queries regarding the online submission process and for technical difficulties, please contact:
Together We Care 2023 Secretariat