Together We Care is the largest and most comprehensive learning and networking experience for professionals in long-term care and retirement living. Featuring top-notch speakers and change-maker sessions, which educate and inspire more than 1,200 delegates including site owners, senior managers and department heads from a cross-section of both Ontario’s long-term care and retirement residence sectors.
The Ontario Long Term Care Association (OLTCA) in partnership with the Ontario Retirement Communities Association (ORCA) invite long-term care member homes and retirement communities, thought-leaders, innovators and stakeholders to submit abstracts for Together We Care (TWC) 2019.
Your session should:
• Showcase innovation and excellence in business strategies and care processes.
• Provide delegates with new information and insight, which seeks to inspire change in their homes, businesses and beyond.
• Follow the Oral Presentation format and should not exceed 30 minutes in length. **
**Please note, a few selected oral presentations may be chosen to be presented in a workshop format. Workshops will be 60 minutes in length and will include an engaging presentation component. You will be notified if your submission has been selected to be a workshop.
Delegates are from the long-term care and retirement communities’ sectors. They include owners and operators, senior managers, general managers and administrators, researchers, ageing-care leaders, frontline care providers (i.e. nurses, physicians, personal support workers, food service workers, wellness, activation, environmental and rehabilitation professionals), long-term care and retirement residents, family caregivers, innovators, policy makers, sector stakeholders and more.
While there will be some general sessions applicable to both sectors, there will also be concurrent sessions geared specifically to either long-term care or retirement. Applicants will be asked within your application to specify which group your session is geared toward (long-term care, retirement or both).
TWC 2019 Programming Streams
Abstracts may be submitted under the following categories:
We welcome all topics that address regulations (new/updates), best operational practices, trends, innovative programs and housing models for long-term care and / or retirement sectors. Session topics must be submitted under one of the streams below. Examples are provided (but not limited to) in each stream.
1. Evolving Operations to Meet the Needs of Tomorrow’s Seniors
• Innovations in Capital Renewal and Development
• Data Analytics to Support Decision Making
• Technology and Innovation
• Legal and Risk
2. Prevalent and Emerging Quality of Care and Quality of Life Issues
• Dementia and Mental Health
• Consent and Advanced Care Planning (ACP)
• Medical and Recreational Cannabis
• Aging and Social Isolation
• Enhancing Resident Experiences
3. Investing in our People – Advancing Leadership and Workforce Capacity
• Leadership Development
• Staff Engagement and Retention
• Training, Coaching and Mentorship
• Innovative Solutions to Workforce Challenges
Speaker selection criteria
• Relevance: the topic, initiative or program is applicable to one of the educational programming streams and aligns with learning interests of conference delegates
• Originality: The information is new, innovative and creative.
• Potential impact: The knowledge, program or initiative is likely to be used to improve quality, efficiency, and/or staff and resident experience in a long-term care home/retirement community.
Applicants may be: OLTCA and/or ORCA affiliate, commercial or home members, provincial, national or international stakeholder organizations or educators, researchers, students or postdoctoral trainees.
Successful applicants are expected to:
1. Register for the conference by February 14, 2019 and pay applicable speaker registration fee.
2. Agree to be profiled in selected Association and conference promotional material.
• Call for Content applications opens: Tuesday, September 18, 2018
• Call for Content applications closes: Tuesday, October 9, 2018 @ 4:00 pm ET
• Applicants notified of decision the week of: Monday, November 5, 2018 (date subject to change)
• Speakers to be confirmed by: Friday, November 16, 2018
• Together We Care registration opens: Thursday, December 6, 2018
• Speakers to register by: Thursday, February 14, 2019 (early-bird deadline)
• Together We Care Convention and Trade Show: April 1-3, 2019
Click here to submit a speaker application