CALL FOR CONTENT
Together We Care is the largest and most comprehensive learning and networking experience for professionals in long-term care and retirement living. Featuring top-notch speakers and change-maker sessions, which educate and inspire more than 1,200 delegates including site owners, senior managers and department heads from a cross-section of both Ontario’s long-term care and retirement communities sectors.
Call for Content
The Ontario Long Term Care Association (OLTCA) in partnership with the Ontario Retirement Communities Association (ORCA) invite long-term care member homes and retirement communities, thought-leaders, innovators, stakeholders and commercial partners to submit abstracts for Together We Care (TWC) 2020.
Your session should:
- Showcase innovation and excellence in business strategies and care processes.
- Provide delegates with new information and insight, that seeks to inspire change in their homes, businesses and beyond.
- Follow the Oral Presentation format and should not exceed 30 minutes in length. **
**Please note, a few selected oral presentations may be chosen to be presented in a workshop format. Workshops will be 60 minutes in length and will include an engaging presentation component. You will be notified if your submission has been selected to be a workshop.
Delegates are from the long-term care and retirement communities’ sectors. They include owners and operators, senior managers, general managers and administrators, researchers, ageing-care leaders, frontline care providers (i.e. nurses, physicians, personal support workers, food service workers, wellness, activation, environmental and rehabilitation professionals), long-term care and retirement residents, family caregivers, innovators, policy makers, sector stakeholders and more.
While there will be some general sessions applicable to both sectors, there will also be concurrent sessions geared specifically to either long-term care or retirement. Applicants will be asked on your application to specify which group your session is geared toward (long-term care, retirement or both).
TWC 2020 Programming Streams
Abstracts may be submitted under the following categories:
We welcome all topics that address regulations (new/updates), best operational practices, trends, innovative programs and housing models for long-term care and / or retirement sectors. Session topics must be submitted under one of the streams below. Examples are provided (but not limited to) in each stream.
- Evolving Operations to Meet the Needs of Tomorrow’s Seniors
- Leadership and participation in integrated care
- Homes of the future (innovation in capital renewal, development and design)
- Congregate care (outreach models)
- Data analytics to support decision making
- Digital health care
- Legal and risk
- Prevalent and Emerging Quality of Care and Quality of Life Issues
- Dementia and mental health
- Reducing hallway medicine – seniors care solutions in action
- Enhancing medication safety and management
- Showcasing leadership in palliative and end-of-life care
- Enhancing resident experience and working with families
- Improving transitions and managing increasing clinical complexities
- Driving efficiencies and improved outcomes through red tape reduction
- Investing in our People – Advancing Leadership and Workforce Capacity
- Leadership development
- Recruitment and retention best practices
- Training, coaching and mentorship
- Innovative solutions to workforce challenges
- New innovations to enhancing the resident experience
- Future design trends
- Attracting and retaining a hospitality focused team
- Client focused
- Fostering collaboration
- Culinary and Nutrition
Seasons Care Dietitian Network, in conjunction with OLTCA and ORCA, are pleased to be presenting the 5th Culinary and Nutrition Track at Together We Care 2020. This stream of education focuses on topics for Nutrition and Food Service professionals from both the long-term care and retirement living sectors. As such, we invite you to join our 5th Culinary and Nutrition track and encourage you to put forth your application. Product advertising/ pitching will not be accepted.
Session topics may include:
- Meal Service / Dining Initiatives / Social Dining / Hospitality
- Clinical Nutrition Topics
- Multidisciplinary Approach to Nutrition / Dining
- Current Research / Trends in Food Service / Changing Senior
- Budget / Time Management / Staffing
Speaker selection criteria:
- Relevance: the topic, initiative or program is applicable to one of the educational programming streams and aligns with learning interests of conference delegates
- Originality: The information is new, innovative and creative.
- Potential impact: The knowledge, program or initiative is likely to be used to improve quality, efficiency, and/or staff and resident experience in a long-term care home/retirement community.
Applicants may be: OLTCA and/or ORCA affiliate, commercial or home members, provincial, national or international stakeholder organizations or educators, researchers, students or postdoctoral trainees.
Successful applicants are expected to:
- Register for the conference by February 14, 2020 and pay applicable speaker registration fee.
- Agree to be profiled in selected Association and conference promotional material.
- Call for Content applications open: Tuesday, September 3, 2019
- Call for Content applications close: Friday, October 18, 2019 @ 4:00 pm ET
- Applicants notified of decision the week of: Monday, November 18, 2019 (date subject to change)
- Speakers to be confirmed by: Friday, November 29, 2019 (date subject to change)
- Together We Care registration opens: Monday, December 9, 2019
- Selected speakers to register by: Friday, February 14, 2020 (early-bird deadline)
- Together We Care Convention and Trade Show: March 30 – April 1, 2020
For queries regarding application topics and content for joint and/or long-term care sessions, please contact:
Manager, Member Communications and Events
Ontario Long Term Care Association
T: 647.256.3490 ext: 3503
For queries regarding application topics and content for retirement community sessions sessions, please contact:
Manager, Policy and Professional Development
Ontario Retirement Communities Association
T: 905.403-0500 ext. 233
For queries regarding the online submission process and for technical difficulties, please contact:
Together We Care Convention & Trade Show
T: 888.527.3434 / 519.263.5050 / 519.263.6003 (direct)